Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #55

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Thank you Boyko for your info. Is this also possible using a Mac? Also I await your answer to Dolph's last post. Thanks again.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #56

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
This is the (still active) link to the PDF document with instructions that I followed: https://down.uploadfiles.io/get/64m6x

And this is a working link to the ZIP archive file that contains the upgrade software: http://m.fisier.ro/dl/7078d00aa84a11343

You need to download the ZIP and extract it to a usb stick, then start the car and plug the usb stick to a usb port. Then a "software update is found" prompt will appear on the screen - you confirm to install the update software and wait patiently for the update to complete. The screen will go black a couple of times, and you will see lots of weird yellow lines etc.. just wait 15-20 mins for it to finish. As I said earlier - you wait until you see a working R-Link with the usual greeting screen. Do not turn off the car and do not remove the usb stick before you see that screen. Then follow the PDF document to enable Android Auto.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Last edit: by Boyko.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #57

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Thank you Boyko for your info. Is this also possible using a Mac? Also I await your answer to Dolph's last post. Thanks again.

I missed to address the Mac question - yes, I'm also with a Mac. Only thing is that your USB stick needs to be formatted with FAT32 filesystem (not Mac's default). You can do this with "Disk Utility.app" from Applications->Utilities.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #58

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks again. One question, does the USB need an imprint before it is recognised by the car? I mean, will putting the files onto a newly formatted USB stick without first getting an imprint work? Is the download free?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #59

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sorry to be a pain, Boyko, another question: I have downloaded the pdf and the zip file. 7-zip is the recommended app to unzip but it is only for Windows. What did you use on your mac? It also needs a password (gill_ro), so I can't use the default app on my mac. Will I need to get all this done on  my daughter's windows laptop. Also which one do I need, the 32-bit or the 64-bit.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #60

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Sorry to be a pain, Boyko, another question: I have downloaded the pdf and the zip file. 7-zip is the recommended app to unzip but it is only for Windows. What did you use on your mac? It also needs a password (gill_ro), so I can't use the default app on my mac. Will I need to get all this done on  my daughter's windows laptop. Also which one do I need, the 32-bit or the 64-bit.

I'm just downloading the zip file and will try and save it without the use of a password and upload it on this site, will let you know when done
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatWar

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds