Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #37

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

As I read yesterday in the italian Megane IV Facebook group, the guys from Romania and France are releasing a free tool/description on how to do the upgrade yourself. So, soon enough there would be feedback on how easy or successful the task is...

Thats great news!

I was actually in touch with a very polite Romanian guy - one of the few who offer the upgrade as paid service - but since we couldn't agree on a meeting this year I thought I'd give it a try myself.

Now, looking forward to see what the guys release.

I too wonder why Renault doesn't do the upgrade themselves. Lots of customers will be happy to pay for it at a service centre.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #38

• Mario90
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all
It's released already, you can find it here: http://www.forumkadjar.it/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4543&sid=5ba195c74598c3ac4481680c6660a85f&start=180
Please update your progress. I have prepared USB etc. but don't dare to do it. To be honest, I have Talisman from 2016 with 8.7″ screen (if that matters…) and very curious if someone got it working with Talisman or other Renault than Kadjar, with respect to this being Kadjar forum.

Good luck out there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Boyko

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #39

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Good one!
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #40

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I can confirm that it works! :) I'm now on 3.3.16.961!

I have not yet activated AA, but the upgrade is seamless - no issues whatsoever. Will report more laters.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Mario90

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #41

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I have not yet activated AA, but the upgrade is seamless - no issues whatsoever. Will report more laters.

Ok so Android Auto is also working perfectly fine - very happy with it so far - tried Google Maps and Spotify, and also Google Assistant works with long pressing the voice key on the steering wheel. I can't believe this was just a matter of software update that Renault for some reason did not provide to us so far!

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 4 months ago #42

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Ok so Android Auto is also working perfectly fine - very happy with it so far - tried Google Maps and Spotify, and also Google Assistant works with long pressing the voice key on the steering wheel. I can't believe this was just a matter of software update that Renault for some reason did not provide to us so far!

I checked briefly most of the functions, here are a few minor things that are worth mentioning:

- I guess there's an issue with one of the usb ports on my unit, as my phone keeps disconnecting randomly there. When connected to the other port there's no issue
- The guidlines on the reverse camera view are a bit off - the red lines are closer to the car then before, not a major issue and I guess it might be possible to adjust to the way it was in Developer Mode
- The unit seems more responsive - or maybe "less laggy" than before - not sure if due to the new software or just because its freshly installed, but it definitely feels faster / less touch input delay etc
- I notice a few UI changes - the degrees celsius sign in the upper right corner is now blinking (maybe only when its cold / below certain threshold?) and also there are now white dots to change the screen / swipe left/right etc, before they were lines I think

These are the only differences, aside from the fact that AA now works :) everything else seems the same, including my Map got preserved to the version it was before, my user settings / profile was also preserved. For what its worth overall update procedure took less than 30 minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Mario90

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds