Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #547

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Too bad the eircodes still don't work. I haven't dug deeper into what's in the files rejected by the sku creator. I believe some of them have to do with limited weights for lorries on certain roads. Maybe worth checking what is excluded. And if there is any way to get hold of that information.
I would, for example, love to have my Kadjar read the speed limits from the maps. But unfortunately, it seems that function is not available on cars with sign recognition (camera). Or is there any way to activate it?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Karl. Reason: Spelling mistake

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #548

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Too bad the eircodes still don't work. I haven't dug deeper into what's in the files rejected by the sku creator. I believe some of them have to do with limited weights for lorries on certain roads. Maybe worth checking what is excluded. And if there is any way to get hold of that information.
I would, for example, love to have my Kadjar read the speed limits from the maps. But unfortunately, it seems that function is not available on cars with sign recognition (camera). Or is there any way to activate it?

should be a way, I could have a look when I will have time. another small question not related to this tutorial, any free software I can use to scan car errors with obd?

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #549

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
There is something called DDT4All. A Renault specific (free) program, that is used together with an OBD. Search the forum and I think you will find download links. Make sure you get a version with the database included. I have never really used this tool, but there are a lot of things you can change or check. And a lot of things that can go wrong....

I was checking which Here maps parts are excluded by the Sku creator. It is map files with .fda .ftr and .fjw endings. The .fpa might be what you need for your eircodes. But not included in the maps I have seen. Here´s an explanantion of those as well as some more that might be in the maps.
"GO > content > mapOpen map folder, you can see many files with suffix of .fbl, .fda, .fjw, .fpa, .fsp, .ftr.
fbl – Actual maps for a country(most important map file)
fda – Driver Alerts (Primo only)
fjw – Junction view SVG format, it is graphic showing where to do off a highway.
fpa – Point Addressing, is where addresses (along with entry points) stored individually in map file
fsp – File that contains information about legal maximum speed of travel
ftr – Information Truck information for truck drivers
hnr – Files containing pre calculated route (fast, short, economical and easy). To use hnr one needs the complete mapset unless in sys.txt"
Here maps

Last edit: by Karl.

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #550

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
thanks for reply and for all this info, I know ddt4all as I am using it for my car, but tried for a different one and won't work, about they thing with getting speed info from map I think it can be done with ddt4all, as I saw some functions in there, and I played with them a bit, will check next week probably as I am planning to install reverse camera and will let you know

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #551

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I would appreciate that. I have the DDT4All as well as the OBD. But haven´t really looked into what it can do. For your info, the German Kadjar Forum has a very detailed and well structured list of some modifications that can be done with a DDT4All on the Kadjar. Google translate will help you through. Here is a Google translation of the content:
"Here is a list of the previous successful changes / adaptations / activations:

- Change the "welcome screen" on the RLink - (Post 60)
- Change the "welcome screen" in the speedometer instrument (entry 516)
- Activate video and photo display while driving - (Article 25)
- Activate climate display in RLink - (Article 25)
- Lane departure warning, setting the active speed range - (Article 24)
- Change lane departure warning tone and warning via speedometer - (from article 323)
- Activate rear view camera - (Article 32)
- Extension of "ionizer" for the "Take Care" function in the RLink - (Post 78)
- Speedometer up to 260 km / h - (Post 190)
- Temperature display in the speedometer display (but there is no longer an "Eco driving style display") - (Article 190)
- Activate DRL (daytime running lights) on the rear lights - (Article 204)
- Switch off DRL (daytime running lights) when flashing front - (Article 211)
- Activate "Scandinavian-Light" (headlights switched on even when the light switch is set to "Auto" during the day) - (Article 202)
- Deactivate wiping of the windscreen wipers after activating the windscreen washer system - (Article 238)
- Deactivate the cornering light function of the fog lights - (Article 238)
- PDC display also in the speedometer instrument (Article 279)
- Deactivate seat belt warning (Article 279)
- Permanently switch off the automatic start / stop (Article 190)
- Change the sensitivity of the light sensor for the main headlights (Article 331)
- Change the parking brake option so that it does not "constantly" follow suit and hopefully there are no error messages (Article 516)
- Activate "Multi-Sense" in Kadjar (from entry 541 or 551 and entry 683)
- Enable the "Extended Grip" function with modified traction control (Entry 614)
- Change settings for the "welcome" and "goodbye" lights when unlocking and locking (from entry 618)
- Deactivate switching recommendation (entry 653)
- Activate drowsiness detection (Entry 614)
- Rear view camera active when the tailgate is open (for entry 32 "Trunk open handling")

- Change / adaptation of the rear view camera auxiliary lines (after software update to V7.x) - here at article 179"

But this is the wrong thread. Now, someone will beat me up, for not being structured....
Here maps

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #552

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I would suggest to keep away from ddt4all and use it only if you know exactly what are you doing, as I tried to play with it today and test new functions as got stuck with 2 errors on dash and can't get rid of them,) so be very careful with it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds