Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 4 months ago #103

• NealM722
  • Thank you received: 1

Apologies, haven’t been here for a while, the fixing looks different now then before I wonder if it has changed.
There’s usually a threaded bar with the cable in the centre to bolt on to a surface, or some sort of bracket to screw to.

I've fitted the 6v camera, but it's not working..

I've tested with a multimeter and notice that actually there is no voltage on the red and black wires.

I have activated the camera within "developer mode" so I'm wondering if there is another setting I need to change, that would give the 6v needed to the red & black wires ??

Any advice anyone can give would be most gratefully received..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jmckad15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 4 months ago #104

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
If you do not have the 6v, then, chances are, the wiring from the headunit is not in place. You may have to run the 4 required wires from the headunit plug to the rear of the car.

I think this is mentioned somewhere in the thread.
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 4 months ago #105

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Two things:
Now you have turned the camera on and you put it in reverse, do you get a message on the screen?
And Did you have it in reverse when testing for power?

Apologies, haven’t been here for a while, the fixing looks different now then before I wonder if it has changed.
There’s usually a threaded bar with the cable in the centre to bolt on to a surface, or some sort of bracket to screw to.

I've fitted the 6v camera, but it's not working..

I've tested with a multimeter and notice that actually there is no voltage on the red and black wires.

I have activated the camera within "developer mode" so I'm wondering if there is another setting I need to change, that would give the 6v needed to the red & black wires ??

Any advice anyone can give would be most gratefully received..

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 4 months ago #106

• mill
  • Thank you received: 1
hi, have fitted 6v number plate light camera to 1.5dci 65 plate kadjar. All fitted without any issues (so far). Darrenh's wiring guide + the guide to remove the boot trim on here was great. cheers. I crimped butt terminals rather than soldering.

I have downloaded ddt4all with database from here:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.drive2.ru%2Fb%2F498093336985338243%2F

and picked up elm327 usb cable from ebay
ELM327-Interface-USB-Cable-Suitable-for-DDT4ALL item 274067691348

planning to give ddt4all a go over the weekend to see if I can get it working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fraserl

Last edit: by mill.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 3 months ago #107

• Danielinda
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi. I am trying to fit a reverse camera on my car. I've purchased a unit from aliexpress as on one of the previous threads. I have got the pre wired loom at the back. So here's what I've done and I hope someone can tell me if it is correct:
The cable coming from the camera has 5 wires- black, red, yellow, white and green. The red and yellow wires I've connected to their respective colour on the wiring loom and the black from the camera I connected to the black video ground next to the yellow. The white and green I've left unconnected. Is this correct?
I want to take it to the dealer to activate it on the R link, as I don't have ddt4all or a OBD port connector. So I want to ensure that my wiring is at least correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 3 months ago #108

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
yep sounds about right if it’s common colours on the camera, yellow is usually the video signal, black should be common ground and red power.

You could try enabling it in the developers mode, I’d recommend using a stylus to get in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Danielinda

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds