Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #85

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Can anybody tell me if the pins in the boot multi plug are standard molex type? Or, point me in the direction of pins too fit please.

Quite possibly a mini pin, smaller then a standard miles, I’ve got all sorts of pins and plugs but nothing like these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fraserl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #86

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ah, don’t know about the phase 2. I know the phase 1 like the back of my hand, but know experience of this one.
However a good place to start would be to have a look at one with the OE camera installed and see if there is a similar camera like it on a site such as AliExpress.
Then before buying, try and find the connecting cables which won’t be far away from the Oe camera position.

Once you’ve found these next thing to try is to activate the camera, if it’s successful it’ll come up as a camera fault in reverse with no camera connected.

A good
Source of info is the .de forum which you can view without joining, there’s bond to be someone on there’s who’s done it.

As for sensors after market kits are relatively cheap and easy to fit, unfortunately I haven’t come across anyone who has achieved OE sensors after purchase
The following user(s) said Thank You: andy123!

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #87

• dmsgui
  • Thank you received: 0

Ah, don’t know about the phase 2. I know the phase 1 like the back of my hand, but know experience of this one.
However a good place to start would be to have a look at one with the OE camera installed and see if there is a similar camera like it on a site such as AliExpress.
Then before buying, try and find the connecting cables which won’t be far away from the Oe camera position.

Once you’ve found these next thing to try is to activate the camera, if it’s successful it’ll come up as a camera fault in reverse with no camera connected.

A good
Source of info is the .de forum which you can view without joining, there’s bond to be someone on there’s who’s done it.

As for sensors after market kits are relatively cheap and easy to fit, unfortunately I haven’t come across anyone who has achieved OE sensors after purchase

hello guys I've tried to day to fit a rear camera but no sucess :sick: :unsure: :(

1st. I activated the rear camera on my rlink 3.3 (update based on this forum guide) - Ok - The rear view option activate when I engage rear with no problem!
2nd. Located the wiring loom in the boot lid ( black/yellow/black/red pins with nothing plugged at the other side).
3rd Managed to buy a 6v camera online (I also have a 12v one that did not work so far either!

4th. I peeled off these 4 wires and connected red/black on the camera power wire and the yellow/black on the video RCA camera wire.

No image from the camera on my R-Link so far... any clues or tips ???

Ps: I've installed rear cameras on my previous other vehicles but they all had a multimedia unit on the front with an RCA connector on the front and use to connect the camera on my tail lights, but this time I only followed what've been described here in the forum but no luck yet :(

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #88

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I take it when you put it in reverse the screen comes up black and a message with camera fault?

Just an observation but I wouldn’t have cut the wires, but splice into them, but you’ve done it now.
The 12v camera won’t work unless you supply a 12volt supply from elsewhere.

On the 6 v camera the plugs are on?
The phono in yellow, the centre core should go to the yellow wire, make sure there’s no strands shorting.

The power should be red wire. And the black needs to go to black and screen if you have one.

If you have a continuity meter, you can test the plugs to the wire ends, middle of the phono to yellow, outer of the plug to wire screen or/and black.

Middle of the power plug to the red, outer of the power plug to black and or screen.

I trust you didn’t just cut through all 4 wires at once!!

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #89

• dmsgui
I did cut them all together :lol: i'm a good example for those who are looking for how NOT doing it :-D

The power cord had two wires black and red I ve just connected them with black tape red and black into the conector wires red and black.

The video cord had 3 wires a yellow a black and also a red one which I did not connected anywhere. For the video signal ive only connected the yellow on yellow and ground (black) into the other black wire left of the connector. Should ive connected this other red from the video wiring somewhere else? Follow pictures

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 6 months ago #90

• dmsgui

I did cut them all together :lol: i'm a good example for those who are looking for how NOT doing it :-D

The power cord had two wires black and red I ve just connected them with black tape red and black into the conector wires red and black.

The video cord had 3 wires a yellow a black and also a red one which I did not connected anywhere. For the video signal ive only connected the yellow on yellow and ground (black) into the other black wire left of the connector. Should ive connected this other red from the video wiring somewhere else? Follow pictures

just for the record ive tried switching the two black wire connections in case i had them connected on the worng order.

I dont think that would damage the camera would've?

Its such a low voltage...

The signal on the screen is black with grey horizontal stripes the same way it was before trying to connect any cameras.

After a few seconds displays always shown the message "no camera or camera is damaged." Thats before and after the installation attempt.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds