Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 4 weeks ago #121

• cadger-rob
  • Thank you received: 0
Right then. I bought a Chinese camera. I've tested it with 4 AA batteries and connecting it to the TV. Next comes fitting it. The physical aspect of this I'm pretty relaxed about, it's just the rlink. I have the UNOFFICIAL 3.3 upgrade from on here.
I understand the fact this is kludged from Megane software means the settings for the guide lines are messed up. Can these be reconfigured in developer mode and does anyone have the correct settings?
Finally if not, can we disable the rlink guide lines from develope mode? I can disable the ones on the camera but it means cutting a wire, making reinstating them difficult.

Getting the trim off and back on looks a faf so I'd like to get things right first time, ideally with the rlink dynamic lines reconfigured, but failing that with the camera's static lines left on but the rlink ones disabled. I'd rather avoid having the camera's lines on then misconfigured rlink lines superimposed.

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by cadger-rob. Reason: found answers to part of my query

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 11 months ago #122

• trampek
  • Thank you received: 1
I just received the camera, original Renault part, from a scrap but without the long cable harness going to the R-Link. Don't need it since the wiring to the boot is already done, but I need some kind of extension anyhow since the short cable harness going from the camera doesn't reach the long one. Assuming I will solder my own extension, what is the plug called going into the camera plug? I could cut the plug from camera cable and solder the wires directly to each other but I like to do things properly ;) Anyone having the name of the plug, or a link to e.g. someone at eBay selling those?

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 11 months ago #123

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Have you got a photo of what you have?

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 11 months ago #124

• cadger-rob
  • Thank you received: 0
Well then. With a bit of Google translate on foreign forums, I've answered most of my questions.

When using the unofficial firmware, to correct the guidelines on the rlink, it seems I have to enter the figure 52.20 in a specific place. I have a picture showing where to put it in using DDT4ALL. I've had difficulty locating an installer for this mythical software and don't, as yet have an ELM327 cable so here's my revised questions:
1) has anyone entered this figure and does it work reliably to fix the lines?
2) can it be entered in Developer Mode rather than DDT4ALL and if so, can someone direct me to where it goes?
3) failing that, do the cheap cables off eBay work ok or does someone South Yorkshire way have a tested and working one I can borrow and a copy of (or link to) the software?
Again, I'd be grateful of any help

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 11 months ago #125

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
AD1. I did. Even modified values to alighn perfectly to bumper. Values are described in posts...
AD2. Suppose to enter values trough DDT4all
AD3. I bought WiFi modul on Amazon, costed me 15€ or something. Works perfectly.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 11 months ago #126

• trampek
  • Thank you received: 1

Have you got a photo of what you have?

Sure! This is what I have.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sakke-1973

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds