Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 10 months ago #133

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Man, this is a connector to R-link and you have wiring already there! Just connect camera to the connector on 5th door! The one which is 2×8 as darenh has already mentioned.

I wrote a manual for installation, unfortunately only in Czech: https://uloz.to/file/2OQRaO4zZ79J/navod-kamera-pdf

Good spot, I should’ve seen that but didn’t expect the front end been stripped

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 10 months ago #134

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi everyone, firstly a massive thank you to everyone here, this has been the best place for information I have found. As a result my reverse camera is now fitted and working at a total cost of about £12 . I have seen kits on eBay that are plug and play going for 300 or so. I am quite handy with car electrics and although this is a tricky install if you don’t have the detailed information, this forum provides help support and real information. So thank you all for that.

I wasn’t aware the Kadjar had a 6volt camera, and went ahead and bought a 12volt NTSC camera as thats what I’ve fitted to previous vehicles without issue.

I have piggybacked the 12v feed for the camera off the reverse lamp live on the tailgate, and earthed the neg on the mounting bolt on the same light unit. This is crude but effective, but it gives you a slight glitch when leaving reverse it cuts the power immediately and you get the camera damaged etc message up for a few seconds.
My plan is to utilise the 6v live from the 8 pin block in the tailgate and install a voltage converter to lift the 6 volt up to 12volts. Low current consumption should be ok. I have ordered one off eBay today and I will detail the install if successful and post it here to help others who have bought 12v cameras already.
Watch this space...
Thanks for reading, hope this helps someone
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 10 months ago #135

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Found this out when I initially worked out how to fit the camera.
A couple of observations.
I went for running a 12v ignition feed live in, so I had 12v when ever the car was running, eliminating the need for any additional circuitry to complicate this.

Second and more concerning, is the addition of other equipment on the 6v line.
The 6v line comes direct from the Rlink2, no fuses, and is limited current, the thing is after all an Android based box (computer ish).
While cameras are low current Dc - Dc converters, buck power supplies and the like also need power to work, especially going up in voltage.
While I’m not saying it won’t work, just be careful about driving that particular output too hard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 10 months ago #136

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
We’re there any issues with a permanent ignition live to the camera?

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 10 months ago #137

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Nope, not in functionality.
I did experience some phasing on screen, like a little interference on the picture.
I could either put this down to, a different power source, or a cheap camera.
We found a 6v camera supply after fitting one or two, and changed to this, for testing purposes. Cleared the interference, it was useable before, I just had to perfect the solution, and post my finds, I think the full article was on the old website, there might be a link in the files though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #138

• hriconst
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello guys!
I tried to install a camera (from Dacia Duster) on my pre-wired Kadjar. I used ddt4all to activate the camera in Rlink. All good so far. The problem is that there is no voltage on the red cable when shifting gear to Reverse. Obviously, the image does not show up on the Rlink.
Did anyone else deal with the same thing?
Thanks!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds