Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #145

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Does the previous post to yours not give you any clues?
There are also installation instructions in the Downloads section.
Additionally, it is not a good idea to attempt an electrical job without a test meter, plenty of budget meters out there.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #146

• trampek
  • Thank you received: 1
It sure does give me clues, but no details. Or did I miss something? Size of pins? Size of micro molex? Can't find answers to this in the previous post.

I know how to perform the installation, but don't have enough information on what to buy from the online shop, apart from the multimeter.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #147

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Just out of curiosity, if you are in the UK and have a UK version the car is pre wired To the tail gate, as per my original photos.
There’s no need to strip the front end down. Just take the tailgate trim down connect a 6v camera to the four spare wires, activate the Rlink2. And off you go!!

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #148

• Del80y
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi new member and just stripped my neighbours Kadjar to see if the wires are there and good news they are
Bought the camera darenh linked to and ready to install

Got into developer mode on Rlink and stuck at where to activate reverse camera:whistle:

been going round in circles so thought I would ask the professionals

Have even downloaded DDT4all now to try that tomorrow if I cant get done through Developer

Any help much appreciated

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #149

• trampek
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm actually in Sweden but it looks the same as in your photos. Still, the black socket going from the camera (original part) won't reach to the white socket on the left side with the spare wires, so I need to build an extension anyhow.

The question was, what do I connect/solder to both ends of the extension wire? 4-pin Micro molex going to the black camera socket according to one of the recent posts, but there are different sizes of the micro molex (different spacing between pins).

The other end should, according to the post, be "..wire-tipped wires, those used in non-soldering fields.". Tried to Google wire-tipped wires but couldn't find what the author was referring to. What's a wire-tipped wire?

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 9 months ago #150

• hriconst
  • Thank you received: 3

Kadliiik has kindly provided an English version of the Reversing Camera retro installation Manual HERE

Thanks for the link, duracel3634!
I literally parsed every page of this post, but I did not found this document.

I tried to connect to the car using a bluetooth ELM and ddt4all. I activated the rear camera, BUT when I engage the Reverse gear, the Rlink does not show any error, and it looks the same. Still shows only the parkins sensors image.
I thought that maybe the value was not saved, but when I connect again to the car, the value of the "Rear camera" field is "Present".

I tryied to acces the settings from Rlink, and it does not display any settings about the camera. It shows settings only for the parking sensors.

Any idea why?

Thanks!

Last edit: by hriconst.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds