Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #193

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Hi Daren, sorry for the delay. I've attached a picture of the camera I have. The specification said 6-12v, the description said straight 12v, the seller couldn't confirm, so its possible this camera doesn't work. I've tried various combinations of connection as I fitted spade connectors. I took a chance whilst waiting for my 6v camera from China. If this one defo doesn't work I'm assuming the new one will have similar wiring? Thanks in advance for your help.

Your picture is missing, however I would think yellow is video out black is the ground, I would try both blacks together and on or the other reds, I’ve got a feeling I’ve come across this before and it’s one off one side like the red on the three core and black as a ground on the other or both reds together.

Are you sue it’s a 6 volt, it sounds like a common camera with what would’ve had 2 plugs on with loop out to power something else.

This might be confusing but in the first instance I would try just using the yellow for video the black for common ground power and video and the red for +ve power in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #194

• rossh79
  • Thank you received: 0
Pic should be attached now?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #195

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It looks like one of the first ones I tried, was using 12v type then, found there was a little interference, I’m pretty sure I had to use the red of one cable and black of the other or vis versa. Gets a little hard when you can’t get your hands on it with some test equipment.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #196

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
lads need urgent help if you can answer as looking trough forum and can't find, I joined 6v cable and ground, and I have left video + and vide - what cables they are ?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #197

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That looks like an extension cable, the red is red and comes out the other end and is usually used to feed +ve down the extension to the camera.
The tip of the yellow plug is video, than the outer ring of the plug is the ground.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #198

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Normally the tip is an insulated cable. And the ground is loosely braided around it covered with foil. To prevent interference

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds