Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #175

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi, you would need to buy male pins. Something similar to these. Try Renault as there are many variations. If you get incorrect pins, you could cause all sorts of problems. I.e poor fitting , interference through poor connections. Or possibly cause damage to the female receptacles. And also there’s the chance they might not fit the plug correctly. In my limited experience, they are very fiddly.
Good luck. Personally I have had best results soldering with a good quality fluxed solder.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kadjar162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634. Reason: Forgot image

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #176

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Evening everyone, looking at installing a 360 degree camera system. For those that have, were there any in particular kits, that would be better than others?
And where would I get one?
I am currently looking on AliExpress.
Also are there any potential issues to look out for?

Many questions, thanks in advance

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #177

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Just a heads up if anyone is looking at getting the correct pins from Renault. I have hit a brick wall with 4 different dealerships. They just won’t even entertain supplying these.
Which doesn’t help things

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #178

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Just a heads up if anyone is looking at getting the correct pins from Renault. I have hit a brick wall with 4 different dealerships. They just won’t even entertain supplying these.
Which doesn’t help things

hi, I will hopefully get mine from Ali in 1or 2 week time and will let ya know if they worked, as if they won't for for me I will solder them as a backup plan
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #179

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Good afternoon everyone, I have now fitted quite a few cameras to Kadjars now, and the last two have opened my eyes. The loom in the tailgate is in position, however, the loom is not connected to the Rlink head unit. As a result I have had to make up some looms. These follow the instructions for the European kit that inserts the kits direct into the 32 pin plug in the Head unit. I am now developing a plug in loom for this purpose.
It appears that the loom from r link out is affected by wether the Kadjar has parking sensors fitted from factory. If you look at the two images I have attached you can see the difference in the plug wires. Hope this helps someone.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #180

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Good afternoon everyone, I have now fitted quite a few cameras to Kadjars now, and the last two have opened my eyes. The loom in the tailgate is in position, however, the loom is not connected to the Rlink head unit. As a result I have had to make up some looms. These follow the instructions for the European kit that inserts the kits direct into the 32 pin plug in the Head unit. I am now developing a plug in loom for this purpose.
It appears that the loom from r link out is affected by wether the Kadjar has parking sensors fitted from factory. If you look at the two images I have attached you can see the difference in the plug wires. Hope this helps someone.

Which year and models were they?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds