Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #187

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27

Hi, hoping you guys can help, the forums been very useful so far. I have a UK 2017 Kadjar. I have activated the r-link and I have a camera ready to install. I've been through the forum and cant see a straight answer as to where the wires attach for my particular camera. The camera has 5 wires:
yellow, black and red on the video line and a red and black on what I believe to be the power line. I understand the pre-fitted plug only has 4 wires. Do I connect both reds to the single red in the plug or do I leave one un-attached? Which black wires do I connect, both or one?

Hi, does your camera come with wiring instructions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #188

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Post a photo of what you have or a link from where it came from

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #189

• smartel
  • Thank you received: 0
Do you know the part number or the name for this connector?
I have camera ( the part number I think is for Duster but looking exactly like for Kadjar) and I want to connect the wires like an original part https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/renault-kadjar-kamera-cofania-tyl-klapa-orginal-i7502820725.html
BR

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by smartel.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #190

• Prinsprobst
Hi

I have been trying to find the numbers your talked about, without any luck. Do you know where to find them?

Regards
Morten

If you have s DIY version 3.3.xxx.xx this is, as mentioned earlier, been developed from a Megane so the image is different as is the screen format.

The settings can be changed either in developers mode or ddt4all, or even Clip, it’s a case of changing 2 numbers and saving to correct the lines as I’m in my phone I don’t have access until I turn the laptop on but I’ll see if I can find the settings

If you have s DIY version 3.3.xxx.xx this is, as mentioned earlier, been developed from a Megane so the image is different as is the screen format.

The settings can be changed either in developers mode or ddt4all, or even Clip, it’s a case of changing 2 numbers and saving to correct the lines as I’m in my phone I don’t have access until I turn the laptop on but I’ll see if I can find the settings
[/color]

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #191

• rossh79
Hi Daren, sorry for the delay. I've attached a picture of the camera I have. The specification said 6-12v, the description said straight 12v, the seller couldn't confirm, so its possible this camera doesn't work. I've tried various combinations of connection as I fitted spade connectors. I took a chance whilst waiting for my 6v camera from China. If this one defo doesn't work I'm assuming the new one will have similar wiring? Thanks in advance for your help.

Fitting a reversing camera 3 years 8 months ago #192

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
No picture attached.

The 6v cameras from China generally have 4 wires, and 2 loop wires for mirroring and backup lines, the loop wires are built further up the loom toward the camera and are not designed to be connected elsewhere I should add

Last edit: by fixer. Reason: Missed information
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds