Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #49

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

What do you mean by an empty stick Don't you have to connected to the car 1st and then the rlink store and can you update from 2.2.17.803 to 3.3.16 or do you first have to update to 2.2.17.300 first

I can only speak for how I did the upgrade originally as the upgrade was never available in the Rlink store. By the way, You are doing this upgrade from 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.19.300 and not 2.2.17.300.

1). Please do as rymacg suggested:
First you need to be sure which version you have. On R-Link screen in car: Menu> System> Swipe left then System info, this will tell the version installed in your car.
Show a picture of the Rlink screen when you have done this.

2). I went to Easy Connect and found the upgrade page and entered my VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). This then tells you whether an update is available for your car of which the maximum is 2.2.19.300. There is no official update from 2.x.x.x.x firmware to 3.x.x.x.x firmware. Confirm you are using the correct number as instructed on screen.

3). If you try upgrading using Easy Connect you would be using an empty stick, so there would be no files on it.

4). If there is no update option from Easy Connect, really don't understand why, go to your Rlink store and do a screen grab from your computer showing that there is an update for the firmware available, WITHOUT inserting the stick in your computer.

5). Is there an option to download the file without using Tool Box?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #50

• Faraujo73
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #51

• Faraujo73
 I went to Easy Connect and found the upgrade page and entered my VIN and says no update available when I go to my Renault account were i have my car registered it's show a update and when I put my USB in the toolbox shows a update to but when I try to install in car the screen shows updating and goes on and off about 6 to 7 times and when it comes back on it says update was unsuccessful here is the pictures it looks like something in the radio is blocking the updates

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #52

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry to say I have run out of ideas.

I'm guessing your car has no warranty available but you could still try telephoning Renault Multimedia & Navigation Customer Services, they might be unble to help.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #53

• Faraujo73
Thanks for your help

Reply April Newsletter 3 years 11 months ago #54

• Faraujo73
The car came from France i live in Portugal would that make a difference in the update

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds