Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #1

• Kage Boy
  • Kage Boy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi you mention that about software update V2 to V3 all going to plan with no issues as long as it is done properly
just to let everyone know that my car ( Kadjar ) went into Dealers for second service on 25th Feb 19 ......
Guess what they did this software update and managed to totally fry my R-link not good all I got is the numbers on
the dash telling me what speed i am doing Renault have said they are trying to get me a new R-link for my car
and as of today still nothing I am really pi**ed off now .....I feel as nothing is being done they don.t care they had
my £29000.00 cash when I brought my car and that's it .....Iam also loosing out on my 3rd years subs to Maps
and all that good stuff as well ..........so there are issues with this software upgrade !!!!!!
NOT GOOD ..........I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER RENAULT can not wait till hopefully they fix my so I can
sell the LOAD OF RUBBISH ON !!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Are you saying that your Dealer did an update of the software and actually used the software from here, which I might add, is NOT an official Renault Sanctioned update?

Or have they tried to update from V2 to V7?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Re:Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Sorry for all these troubles. Really frustrating situation. I bet they've attempted an upgrade from V2 to V7 and as I've warned multiple times, the mechanics bricked the device. Take it from the better point of view - you'll have a new device and all must be under warranty. Ask them to extend your subscription and warranty, threatening them to contact Renault directly and I bet you'll get all these.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #4

• Kage Boy
  • Kage Boy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi unsure where they got the software from but I would of thought it would have come Via Renault I was not aware that there was an unofficial
update available from anywhere else other than Renault so as to what level they were trying to upgrade too who knows not me ..........
All I do know is my R-Link is Fried & Fu**** well fed up no joy from Renault just palmed away like a nice little boy
When i saw your news letter saying people were upgrading with no problems I just saw RED sorry if I have spoken out of place...........
Still hate the Bl***** car now as it has taken all the joy out of it ...............

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Believe it or not, you're one of many (hundreds I think) whose device was bricked from this official(!) update. There were people who reported no problem, but obviously their technicians were better prepared and educated. I don't get it - did an official dealer bricked your device or unlicensed garage? If it was official dealer, you can insist on all the things I've mentioned above.
So far no one complained from the unofficial V2 to V3 upgrade ;)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
OK just to clarify the update mentioned in our newsletter from this site, it is NOT an official Renault sanctioned update for the Kadjar. It is actually a V3 update that is actually meant for the Megane but works on the Kadjar and gives Android Auto but NOT Car Play because the early Kadjars hardware is not compatible.

There is one small floor reported, only this month, with regard to the voice control but there is a workaround. Unfortunately, as with all things Unofficial, we have to accept the little quirks as well. Now you know why we have posted a warning in the download section on this site for this software.

With regards to your dealer, we have heard reports in other Forums in Europe where dealers have tried to update from V2 to V7 with mixed results, some with success and others bricking the system and that is meant to be an OFFICIAL update. If yours was bricked in February, why the hell has it not be replaced yet?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds