Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #19

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Did you get Customer Services involved about the wheel?
As you can see with my experience with CS, it did take a while. They rely heavily on the feedback from the dealer. In my case, the dealer feedback was negative and their belief it was a stone chip that caused the problem. I told CS exactly what I thought about that theory with such a low mileage car at the time. It was actually CS that went to Renault Warranty Claims to see if they would pay out and replace the wheel.

When I deal with the likes of CS I don't shout and bawl at them, I just try and manipulate them to my way of thinking. If you deal with the dealer, you generally don't get anywhere with them in a situation such as this but they must be involved. When this route has dried up I go to the next level, CS and deal with them direct. They do test the water a lot to gauge how far you will go to get a satisfactory conclusion, in my case they were going to send me from Hastings to a Tonbridge body repair shop but they told CS there was no point. All through the experience the one thing that stood out was the poor communication from the dealer to CS.

Have you tried it on with CS themselves about a goodwill gesture, it might be worth a try if you haven't? Don't rely on the Dealer or CS to volunteer the gesture, plant the idea. It is all about the tone of voice, controlling the conversation, be confident in what you are saying, have a good rapport with the individuals and manipulate them to your way of thinking. As soon as you get aggressive with them or display uncertainty, you have an uphill struggle and won't necessarily get what you want.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 weeks ago #20

• Gazkadg
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah I agree with everything you've said. My initial dealings were with the dealer. They said they sent photos and Renault turned it down...I now don't believe this was done. So I then went to customer services and, as you've said, the communication between the 2 is shocking. When I phoned yesterday to enquire about when my new unit would be in the dealer said Renault had again turned down the wheel request. I immediately phoned CS again and was told I'd get a call back that afternoon....I'm still waiting. I'll mention the goodwill when I do eventually get talking to them. I've major doubts about the dealers part in all this...I get the impression that because I didn't buy the car off them they are not inclined to help.
April '17 Dynamique S Nav
Titanium grey
Unofficial v3 update with AA activated

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 5 hours ago #21

• Gazkadg
UPDATE: Collected my Kadjar, with new Rlink installed, tonight. Version 2.217....so I'm currently back at home doing the arduous manual updates just to get back to square one. Not great after a 5 week wait!
Titanium grey

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 3 hours ago #22

• Kage Boy
  • Kage Boy's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Great news for you that you got your new R-Link
I am still waiting for mine Car was fried 25th Feb and I have heard they do not expect my new R-link for delivery into
FRANCE till May 6th then they recon about a week till its in UK then my Dealer has to fit it .........

Now you tell me you are back to square one Manually doing updates .......you mean to tell me they cannot even
set it back up to where you was before they fried your unit OH FU*****G DEEP JOY can not wait to get rid
of this car ...................Many thanks for the info though !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 2 hours ago #23

• Gazkadg
Yeah was disappointed to say the least. Couldn't even be bothered complaining to them about it though...quicker and easier just to get it home and sort myself. Was expecting an all singing and all dancing v7 unit.
Titanium grey

Reply April Newsletter 4 years 11 months ago #24

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

UPDATE: Collected my Kadjar, with new Rlink installed, tonight. Version 2.217....so I'm currently back at home doing the arduous manual updates just to get back to square one. Not great after a 5 week wait!

I don't know of a version 2.217.... did you mean 2.2.17.803 ? Please confirm full version.

If the version is the one I am suggesting, that is naughty and kills hopes of those bricked devices being fully updated to V7. This suggests, if it ever officially existed, that the policy of trying to update ALL Rlinks to the same version across the Renault range.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds