Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #7

• Kage Boy
  • Kage Boy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Yes it was a Renault Main dealer the one in Aldershot SMC Renualt and all they can tell me when i talk to

Renault customer relations its in hand sorry thanks for your patience but NO Parts are available at this time

we will keep you updated so every Monday now I receive the same Text sorry no parts thank you for your Patience GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #8

• Gazkadg
I'm also waiting 3 weeks for a new unit. R Link screen had gone black so I brought it to dealer, they tried an update, and fried it. No sign of the new unit yet. Also having to go through customer services about a corroded alloy and rubber trim that's split at rear passenger window. Definitely not impressed by the overall build quality of the car even though its great to drive.
April '17 Dynamique S Nav
Titanium grey
Unofficial v3 update with AA activated

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #9

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
It would be interesting to know exactly what update they are applying to brick the system?

Gazkadg - I had a corrosion issue on one of my alloys, got it sorted eventually and posted it all in this forum somewhere.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #10

• Gazkadg
Yes I read the details of yours. Initially dealer said Renault wouldn't cover it. Said it was due to chemicals used to wash the wheel...utter crap. I'm now convinced they didn't actually contact Renault at all. I then phoned customer services but after a promising start the call backs have become very scarce!
April '17 Dynamique S Nav
Titanium grey
Unofficial v3 update with AA activated

Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #11

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
My actual dealer tried to tell me that a stone had chipped the lacquer and allowed moisture to penetrate, told them what I thought of that idea. I had only tried it on and was not convinced I would get anywhere as I did not think it would be covered under the anti-corrosion warranty.

I went to the dealer first and knew I was going to get fobbed off so went to customer services. When the guy from customer services tried to get a response from the dealer via Email he did not get anything back. I went to the dealer, got a contact name and their email address as a direct contact and things started to move quicker. Based on my personal experience, it is not always Customer Services holding things up, it could be the dealer. I built quite a good relationship with the guy managing my case at CS.

With regards to the bricked Rlinks, I'm guessing it is not quite so simple, yes Renault Techs have screwed it up and they need to replace it but the actual hardware comes from a third party, possibly LG. Renault will probably need to go through a process with LG to get replacement units although the example here of the crash in February and not fixed yet is not good.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Re:Reply April Newsletter 5 years 1 week ago #12

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Having in mind how many RLinks have been bricked, the waiting is expected ;) The guys in the german forum are waiting for a month and a half if I remember correctly...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds