Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #463

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Ok thanks, I think I have mastered things regards maps and the like using SKU Creator which is brilliant and so easy to use but still wary of certain things. BTW my car is due a big service next month and I asked them if they would be upgrading the software to V9 but they said they would not unless I was having problems but they would do it if I paid for it so I don't really think it is worth it as everything seems ok at the moment.

I also think you should not bother. Haven't seen someone praising the V9 version. I don't believe it would deliver any improvements.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rymacg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #464

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi. I plan to update my maps using the Here maps as described in this thread. If I choose to just update my local map (where I live), but decide to go over the Border to a neighbour country- will the system be out of map or will the navi choose from all installed maps and find the "original" TomTom map?

Also, are the TomTom 2019q4 maps linked to here, newer than the maps R-link now offers for download? If I understand it correctly, Renault uses the TomTom maps, but with a considerable delay.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #465

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi Karl

if you update just one map and leave other on system then navigation will use what it has... older maps.
Maps in link are most recent, what Renault offer for download is almost 1 year old.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #466

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Many thanks for super quick and concrete answers. So, here is a third question ;-)
The 3 year subscriptions that came with my Kadjar have just expired. R-link store now offers me 1) 12 months of TomTom Traffic and Connectivity for for € 59,90 (or 36 months for € 179) and 2) Map of Europe for € 84,90.
I really like the live TomTom Traffic, but I hesitate a bit to pay 60 euros for it... I think I read somewhere, that there is an inbuilt alternative traffic info system (DCM or something similair) that is free, but the info is not updated as frequently. Was I dreaming, or is there such a free alternative way of getting live traffic info?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #467

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Karl

Investment into TomTom traffic and connectivity is best investment ever. I paid for additional 36 months subscription, while investment into map update subscription is waste of money with hacked iGo partition and maps from forum...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #468

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Karl

Investment into TomTom traffic and connectivity is best investment ever. I paid for additional 36 months subscription, while investment into map update subscription is waste of money with hacked iGo partition and maps from forum...

I agree to that 100%. My TomTom traffic subscription expires in 4-5 months, so I'll definitely extend that.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds