Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #421

• Rogers
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Just wondering if many people have got the V7 update as I’ve heard of lots of dealers updating people to this during services now? I am on V3 and it seems very buggy, the system sometimes turns itself off while driving and Bluetooth from my iPhone is flakey. I have heard that V7 is a lot better and more responsive, can anyone else second this? Also is there a way to manually update or do you have to go to a dealer?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #422

• andy123!
  • Thank you received: 1
hi......i have a 2018 my kadjar....i have tried the debug file but cannot get in to the developer mode

i have not updated the firmware as i think i already have it?
possibly dealer update before delivery?

on the rlink sys information screen.......it shows software release.......3.3.16.941.........boot release 5376

should i be able to do the debug on this version....or will i need to install the update from the downloads section?

many thanks for any help and advice

cheers

andy

Re:RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #423

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
V7 is update only for V2 units, as far as I know. It adds them the V3 functions, but does not make them better. Try a restart of the system with long pressing the On/Off button for about 10 seconds and check it behaves better. When mine gets laggy, it always helps.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rymacg

Re:RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #424

• MaddyJ
Did the update today and all is working. Activated android Auto also/ Only issue is google voice assistant... "Okay google" works but then it wont recognizance anything i say thereafter. Renault voice assistant still works however...

Just quick question, has this unofficial update voided my vehicle manufacturer warranty? Surely something like this cant be held accountable for mechanical failure?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #425

• ColinM
I installed V3.3.16.961 and its corrupted my R-Link unit, its disabled parking sensors, external temperature sensors and lane departure sensors. Does anybody know how I can go back to an official Renault version 7.0.24.161 or 2.2.18.950. The garage want to charge me £800 to replace the R-Link unit
Renault Kadjar 2016 Dynamique S NAV DCi

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 6 months ago #426

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
My friend

What I am reading is typical error when upgrading from V2 to V7, something went wrong and device is dead, somehow manage to restore device back to V2 but procedure was partly successful... what version of boot SW you have now?
I did many many upgrades from V2 to V3 without any single failure. But read a lot about exact same things as yours when something went wrong with V7 upgrade, even at authorized dealership garage...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds