Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #403

• Go
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello from Greece guys.
I'm a megane 4 owner and i was looking for a way to upgrade my R Link2.
First i visited the Renault Easy connect website and after placing my VIN number i downloaded the file that was given but the installation was not running and the system error message was that i was trying to install an older version. Now i'm getting ready to try the suggested way to make the upgrade but i wanted to ask if this will cause any issues with the Renalt Warranty or not.
One other thing that bothers me on R link is the phone connection problem that it loses signal after some seconds but i read an article about it that mentioned that it's actually caused by android on mobile and they wait Google to fix this issue.

PS i'm also a joomla expert and i would suggest the forum admin at least to hide the admin panel url :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #404

• Johny1fin
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Guys, thanks for all this info. Have installed 3.3 yesterday with no problems.
I can't get into dev mode though by the finger or pen method. I have tried two memory sticks
With blank files as well. Have put software on pc but can't find my elm so will have to buy another one.
Thanks again. Don't have current subscription for sat mav as its a 2016.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #405

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8

Hi Guys, thanks for all this info. Have installed 3.3 yesterday with no problems.
I can't get into dev mode though by the finger or pen method. I have tried two memory sticks
With blank files as well. Have put software on pc but can't find my elm so will have to buy another one.
Thanks again. Don't have current subscription for sat mav as its a 2016.

Hi.
Make sure the file you have on the stick doesn't end in .txt. might be a hidden extension. Try going to Folder Options and check Show extensions for known files.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johny1fin

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #406

• Johny1fin
Thanks Trax-x
The folder is DEBUG and the file is DbgEnable.lge created as a txt and the txt extension is removed. Tried upper and lower cases as I have seen both cases in the forum.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #407

• Johny1fin
I have ordered a wifi elm for tomorrow and installed ddt4all with renault database on my PC as I want the rear leds on with daylight running as well. Time will tell.

RLink firmwHelare update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 7 months ago #408

• Go
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello again,
Those instructions are super easy and i managed to upgrade to 3.3 and make Android Auto available.
I have an issue and i need to ask for some help. After the upgrade my R-Link 2 built in voice commands don't work any longer is that normal? is there a way to bring them back? I know that with long press of the button Google Assistant starts but it's not working well with Greek Lang.
Regards

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds