Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 9 months ago #391

• don
  • Thank you received: 8
Yes I'm in Southern Ireland, and the upgrade was done in Renault main dealer under warranty. I've been using the new updated firmware all day and the whole system is much more responsive now - it looks very similar to v2.2 etc but much smoother and the AA is a bonus. I'll still be using the TomTom maps as Google Maps has the tendency to guide drivers across pedestrians bridges and dirt tracks lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 9 months ago #392

• Trak-X
While going through the debug menu, i noticed we can change camera guidelines from there too. Can you / someone, please, that has debug on a stick, share the values they have, after the fix has been applied?
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 9 months ago #393

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
there is direct view of editing results... So you can play. But most of editing is done trough ELM and DDT4ALL
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trak-X

Re:RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 9 months ago #394

• Trak-X
So, I f up today and hit by mistake the high button under developer menu, and now I have a black menu. I can get hold of a Delphi interface tomorrow. Anyone know if that will work with DDT4All ?

LE: I got a adapter from Amazon, and used a tool found online called Pyren that restored my screen and everything is perfect now.
Thanks guys, you rock :)

LE2:

there is direct view of editing results... So you can play. But most of editing is done trough ELM and DDT4ALL

@Robertp, can you please some insight where that value has to be done in DDT? I cannot find it, and want to fix the cam.

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

Last edit: by Trak-X.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #395

• cubix_2017
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

Please go easy on me - I’m a complete newbie!. For a start I have found myself here but I actually own a Megane 2016 plate. I’m hoping that the R Link 2 system is the same regardless of car model? And that you guys may be able to help.

Basically I have R Link 2 version 2.2.19.300 and think it’s complete rubbish. I REALLY want to update it as at least it might help the situation plus I’d like to be able to use Siri voice controls. My local dealership have said there is no software update to my version as it’s too old (on a 3 year old car!). But after some googling, I find this thread.

Soooo....can it be updated?
If so exactly what hardware/software would I need?

I did flick through the thread but was getting confused. Any replies in layman’s terms would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 4 years 8 months ago #396

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Hi everyone,

Please go easy on me - I’m a complete newbie!. For a start I have found myself here but I actually own a Megane 2016 plate. I’m hoping that the R Link 2 system is the same regardless of car model? And that you guys may be able to help.

Basically I have R Link 2 version 2.2.19.300 and think it’s complete rubbish. I REALLY want to update it as at least it might help the situation plus I’d like to be able to use Siri voice controls. My local dealership have said there is no software update to my version as it’s too old (on a 3 year old car!). But after some googling, I find this thread.

Soooo....can it be updated?
If so exactly what hardware/software would I need?

I did flick through the thread but was getting confused. Any replies in layman’s terms would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi, yes R-link is essentially the same under the hood on the Megane. In fact we the Kadjar owners use the Megane software on our R-link to update from 2.2 to 3.3.

Look back in this thread for the link to download software update from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3, you just need to have empty USB stick for that. Then you need to enable Android Auto via a hidden dev menu - there are videos and more details in this thread too, again no special hardware required (well, maybe a stylus was mentioned somewhere, but I did mine with fingers..).

Cheers,
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: cubix_2017

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds