Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 10 months ago #535

• iang74
  • Thank you received: 0
firstly hello everyone and thanks for all the advice i've found just reading through this forum... picked up my 2015 (65) plate Dynamique S Nav and couldn't be happier. Thanks to the advice on here I've already flashed my R-Link from 2.2 to 3.3 and will get Android Auto sorted later this eve... my question is; the Arkamys sound system settings don't have the sound ambience option as shown in this screen shot from the official renault RLink 2 simulator webpage, either before or after going from 2.2 to 3.3.... is this only available in future string updates and if so, can I get them?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 10 months ago #536

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
hi, got stuck in such an issue updated my map and software to V 3.3.981 now tried 40 times to get into dev mode and won't work, was hard before and I could get în dev mod after 3 4th time but now have for real around 40 times still didn't work 9

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 10 months ago #537

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Easy men, easy. Last week I entered into V 9 developer mode on second try...
So.. Enter into Settings->Multimedia->Photos. Insert USB stick with debug folder. Wait until R-Link2 reports that no multimedia files on it. Then:
Press twice on upper left angle (according to instructions) and then start to press on right lower angle... Be aware to do equal intervals of pressing (1 sec press and 1 sec pause approx). Sometimes is enough 6 presses in right corner, sometimes 12 or more. If after 15 presses nothing, eject USB stick and repeat procedure...Press as much as possible into corner.
Clean display and wash your hands with soap before procedure...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 10 months ago #538

• Slippy
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Hoping to get some guidance please.
My Renault dealership upgraded the firmware on my 2016 Kadjar from 2.2.19.300 to 7.024.161 this week
I'm hoping to run Android auto but I'm struggling to work out how to do it.
I have loaded Android auto onto my Samsung S7, I believe I have set all the required access privileges, but when connecting to the USB port with a cable I can't get Android auto to mirror on the screen. I haven't used Android auto before so may be doing something wrong
The smartphone icon in the Rlink2 phone menu is greyed out does this mean the function is not available or does it need 'activating'?
I tried reading this thread for help but I'm finding it a little confusing. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 10 months ago #539

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Renault do not activate AA as standard as your dealer only loads the Firmware supplied by Renault with dictated Apps activated, AA I'm afraid is not one of them.

In order to get AA you must activate it within Developers Mode, potential risks to screwing your RLink System, if you use the wrong settings within the Developers Mode.

There are plenty of threads within the Forum that cover the subject. In addition you MUST use a compatible USB cable such as the one that came with your phone. To use any other will not necessarily work as I have found out.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slippy

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #540

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Guy

not so long ago I discussed with a Renault representative on checkin in authorised garage...when they do upgrade (like V2->V7) or order a new device with a latest firmware they always get blank device... Connect to internal network and download configuration according to VIN and state in database... So when you buy digital subscriptions, map update, etc... this is recorder in database. Also all configuration. If there is no AA&CP on initial configuration, there will be no on new device. Even for special cars (police, military, ambulance) for special configuration they must report it back (uploaded) to internal database... So a new device is common for allRenault cars using it, configuration is set in factory according to options. As long you use one device all modifications are preserved on this device. On factory upgrade from V2 to V7 no.
In theory, if we know what to do with used device to generalise it or virginised it, a procedure in authorised garage must be applied (as for new one) to make device usable for your car.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds